Meet this flavorful, healthy, delicious recipe, ready in 20 minutes! Come on guys, can it get any better?
Makes a perfect main, but works great a side too. Not only you get a satisfying and packed with flavor dish, but you also get 11 grams of fiber, 10.5 grams of protein, 1758 IU of vitamin A, 67 mg of vitamin C, 60 mg of Calcium, and 216 mg of magnesium, per portion. Not bad at all for a 20 minute meal. You’ll be dealing with some whole wheat pasta, preferably small sized, some tasty, slightly cooked veggies, and a few condiments. One pan and no fuss at all. ✅
It’s a perfect recipe if you want something substantial, yet easy and fast to prepare. 💯 Full recipe and nutritional info ⤵️
- 1 small aubergine, diced
- 150 gr/ 1 ½ cups whole wheat small shaped pasta, such as pipe rigate, elbow or rotelle
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 70 g/ ½ cup sultanas
- 3 sweet kapia peppers, or other similar such as bell pepper or piquillo, aprox 200 g/ 1 ¼ cups, sliced
- ½ handful fresh parsley, or more if preferred
- ½ tsp dried chili flakes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Cook pasta following directions on package.
- Slice red onion and peppers. Dice aubergine.
- Place pan on medium heat fire, add 1 tbsp of olive oil and wait a few seconds before adding the red onion and the peppers. Cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper and move to bowl.
- In the same pan, add 1 tbsp olive oil and aubergine. Cook for 2 minutes and add garlic and sultanas. Cook for another 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, and season with dried chili flakes, salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, mix pasta, red onion, peppers, aubergine, sultanas, and add fresh parsley to taste.
- Serve or refrigerate.
- Optionally, serve with fresh red or spring onion, finely chopped and sprinkled.