What we have here is a healthy, delicious, colorful recipe ready in less than 30 minutes. You’ll need fresh spinach, red bell peppers or kapia peppers sesame seeds, some brown rice, and a few cherry tomatoes and an empty stomach 😀.
This recipe is rich in nutrients, provides a high level of satiety, and makes a delightful lunch or dinner. Among other nutrients, this recipe will offer (per portion): 168 mg vitamin C, 201 mg calcium, 7 mg iron, 270 µg folate, 190 mg magnesium, and 12628 IU vitamin A.
Full recipe and nutritional info ⤵️
- 200 g/ ⅞ cups fresh spinach
- 1 red bell pepper or 2 kapia peppers, cut lengthwise
- 6 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 spring onion, chopped
- 3 tsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp roasted sesame seeds
- 100 g/ ½ cups brown rice
- 20 cherry tomatoes
- ½ tsp chili flakes, more if preferred
- Cook brown rice following directions on package.
- For the roasted cherry tomatoes, preheat the oven at 200 degrees C/400 degrees F.
- Mix 4 pressed garlic cloves with 2 tbsp olive oil. Lightly toss tomatoes with olive oil in a sheet pan and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast tomatoes for 15-20 minutes.
- Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil on medium heat and add 2 cloves of garlic, spring onion and chili flakes. Cook 1 minute and add spinach and peppers. Saute for another 3-4 minutes, stirring.
- In the same pan, add cooked rice, sesame seeds, and season with salt and pepper. Blend all ingredients.
- Serve sauteed rice spinach with roasted cherry tomatoes.