Fluffy and packed with nutrients, these savory pancakes are perfect for breakfast, brunch, as snacks, or even as a side dish. They’re delicious, filling, and so easy to make. You’ll get about six pancakes from this recipe and 944 IU of vitamin A per pancake. Also, you’ll be gettin’ 33 mg of vitamin C, and 47 mg of magnesium. Healthy pancakes FTW! 👊🏻💯
Optionally, you can serve the pancakes with creme fraiche, tzatziki, or vegan sour cream to keep up the lactose-free spirits 🙆.
Full recipe and nutritional info below ⤵️.
- 150 g/ ⅞ cup red bell pepper, diced into small cubes
- 100 gr/ ⅝ cup sweet corn, canned
- 50 g/ ⅓ leek or red onion, finely copped
- 2 medium eggs
- 110 g whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp dry basil
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs and add water.
- Sift flower, baking powder, and add salt, pepper, and basil.
- Mix in red bell pepper, sweet corn and leek.
- Add 1 tbsp of olive oil to pan and scoop two spoons of batter for each pancake.
- Cook on each side for 2-3 minutes or until fluffy and golden.
Cover pan with lid for 1 minute for extra fluffy pancakes.