I can’t even tell you how delicious this mushroom polenta it! It’s a rich, flavorful, heavenly recipe, great if you’re craving some fast and easy to make comfort food.
You can use pretty much any type of mushrooms, such as white buttons, crimini, portabella, or shiitake 😀.
Per portion, you’ll be gettin’ 56 mg of vitamin C, 76 mg of Calcium,1401 µg of vitamin A, 3 mg of vitamin E, 3 mg of Zinc, 105 mg of Magnesium, 7 mg of vitamin B3, 12 g of protein, and 10 g of fiber.
Full recipe & nutritional info ⤵️
- 400 g/ 4 cups button mushrooms,
- 1 red onion, chopped
- ½ red bell pepper
- 1 spring onion, chopped
- 1 can chopped tomatoes, or 5 medium fresh tomatoes
- 1½ tsp dried thyme
- ½ dried dill
- 5 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 220 g/ 1½ cups yellow cornmeal
- Optional: 2 handfuls of arugula (rucola, rocket salad)
- Cook polenta following directions on package, adding salt and pepper to taste.
- As soon as polenta is cooked, pour it into an ovenproof baking dish and set aside.
- Chop red onion and spring onion. Cut red bell pepper lengthwise.Cut mushrooms in halves and quarters, leaving small ones uncut.
- Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a skillet and add chopped red onion and spring onion. Cook for 3 minutes, and add mushrooms, bell pepper, pressed garlic, 1½ tsp dried thyme, ½ tsp fried dill. Cook for 5 minutes on medium heat.
- Add canned or fresh tomatoes and cook for another 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover polenta with mushroom mix and bake for 25 minutes at 190 degrees C/ 374 degrees F.
- Serve with fresh arugula.