Heyaaa! So what better way to use pomegranate than to mix it with walnuts and turn it into a salad, right?
It’s an easy, fast, colorful salad recipe with tons of flavors and packed with nutrients. You’ll be gettin’ 24 grams of fiber, 32 mg of vitamin C, 117 mg of Calcium, 136 mg Magnesium, 2.8 mg of vitamin E, and 1114 IU of vitamin A.
Full recipe & nutritional info ⤵️
- 200 gr iceberg lettuce or other leafy greens (baby spinach, red leaf, romaine)
- 1 small eggplant, sliced
- 25-30 gr walnuts (5-7 walnuts), optionally toasted
- ⅓ pomegranate
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder, optional
- ½ tsp chili flakes, optional
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Slice eggplant, 2 cm/slice.
- Mix eggplant slices with olive oil and basil, paprika, garlic powder, and chili flakes, optional.
- Grill eggplant slices on medium heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until they're golden.
- Wash lettuce and chop it roughly. Place it into a bowl. Add walnuts (optionally toasted on dry pan for 4 mins), pomegranate seeds, and eggplant sliced.
- Optionally, add dressing of your liking.