Heyaaa. Check out this sexy salad over here. It’s got everything you ever wished for in a salad. It’s fresh, healthy, zesty, spicy, crunchy, colorful, minty, delicious, aaand pretty. Cuz’ we like our food pretty, don’t we? 😎
The spiciness it’s not a must of you’re not into all that. Just skip the “make it rain with chili flakes all over the place” step. Also, if fresh mint is not available, you can replace it with fresh basil. If none are available, replace with dried mint, but cut down the quantity by half.
I usually pan roast the chick peas when I use them for salads. It just cuts down the cooking time. However, you can oven roast them by drying out the chick peas, tossing them with olive oil and salt, and baking them 200 degrees C/400 degrees F for 30-40 minutes, or until golden. Toss them around every 10 minutes. Don’t use spices before placing them into the oven, as they have a big chance of burning. Instead, mix them with spices after they’re roasted. They make an awesome snack on their own.
So you’ll get a healthy, heavenly, delicious salad in about 25 minutes. Also, per portion, you’ll get 70 mg of vitamin C, 203 mg of Calcium, 21207 IU of vitamin A, 285 µg of folate, 223 mg of phosphorus, 133 mg of magnesium, and 2.2 mg of manganese. Healthy AF ✅. Full recipe and nutritional info below ⤵️
- 200 gr/ 1 cup fresh baby spinach
- 240 gr/ 1¼ cups canned chickpeas (garbanzo beans), rinsed and drained
- 10 medium red radishes, sliced thinly
- 10 cherry tomatoes, cut quarters
- ½ tsp orange zest
- 2 tsp tahini paste
- fresh orange juice from one small-medium orange
- 1½ tsp apple cider
- 1 tsp fresh mint leaves, or more if preferred, chopped
- ½ tsp dried chili flakes, or more if preferred
- Heat up a skillet on medium heat, add 1 tbsp of olive oil, then add the chickpeas. Roast them 10-15 minutes or until golden, tossing them frequently. Just before turning off the heat, season with salt, pepper, and orange zest.
- To make the dressing, mix 2 tsp tahini with the juice of one small-medium orange, one tsp at a time, 1½ tsp apple cider, and a pinch of salt. The consistency should be creamy, a little liquidy.
- In a medium plate or bowl, add spinach, sliced radishes, quartered cherry tomatoes, and roasted chickpeas. Season with salt to taste.
- Dress salad with tahini dressing and sprinkle with fresh mint and dried chili flakes.
- Serve as main or as a side dish.