So I made these. And they were awesome. And vegan. Like, really awesome and really vegan 🙆. I chose yellow bell peppers because of their sweetness, however, the red ones will work as well. I’m really into adding cashew to various recipes these days, and found this mix works like magic. They don’t take long to cook and can be served as a main dish, but also as a starter or a side dish. Or you could serve it as a starter, a main, and a side dish. You might.
Full recipe and nutritional information below ⤵️
- • 2 bell peppers, cut in half, seeds discarded
- • ½ red onion, diced
- • 1 big ripe tomato, diced
- • 1 tsp powdered garlic
- • 3 tsp fresh parsley
- • 100 g kidney beans
- • 100 g sweet corn, canned
- • 40 g raw cashew
- • 1 tsp olive oil
- • ½ tsp dried thyme
- • ½ dried basil
- • salt & pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200 °C/ 400 degrees °F.
- Saute the onion in olive oil for 2 minutes.
- Add kidney beans, corn, cashew, garlic, and diced tomato. Cook for 3-5 minutes on medium heat.
- Add dried thyme and basil, parsley, season with salt and pepper, and set aside.
- Fill each half of bell pepper with kidney bean mixture.
- Set in the oven for 25 minutes, or until bell pepper is tender.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and serve.
You can also add: raisins, fresh herbs, tofu.